Velo3D Sapphire XC 1MZ to enable large format metal 3D printing
Velo3D Inc, a leading company in metal additive manufacturing technology for critical parts, has announced a new addition to its Sapphire printer family with the Sapphire XC 1MZ. The new printer allows customers to print parts up to one meter tall, with a total build volume twice that of the Sapphire XC and nine times larger than the original Sapphire, increasing the number of cases of damage. addressable use of Velo3D’s end-to-end metal additive. manufacturing solution.
“Without advanced metal additive manufacturing, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to develop many of the technologies that are shaping the future of our world,” said Benny Buller, CEO and Founder of Velo3D. “Our innovative customers have a clear understanding of how technology can unlock new capabilities for their businesses and transform their product offerings. New systems, like the Sapphire XC and Sapphire XC 1MZ, support this transformation by dramatically increasing the throughput by up to 400% and reducing costs by up to 75% compared to the original Sapphire.”
Sapphire XC 1MZ features include:
- Largest build volume of any powder bed laser printer in its class – 600mm x 1000mm – nine times larger than the original Sapphire and 30% larger than printers from other major manufacturers manufacturers
- Eight 1 kilowatt lasers
- An integrated end-to-end manufacturing solution including Flow print preparation software and Assure quality assurance software
- Production-proven Intelligent Fusion manufacturing process on Sapphire and Sapphire XC for consistent, repeatable results across different printers
- Faster non-contact overlay to reduce the time needed between build coats
- Up to 400% throughput increase over original Sapphire and Sapphire 1MZ printers
The Sapphire XC 1MZ will be available in all materials currently offered by Velo3D, including Aluminum F357, Amperprint® 0233 Haynes® 282, GRCop-42, Hastelloy C22, Hastelloy X, Inconel® 625, Inconel® 718, Scalmalloy and Titanium 6AI-4V Grade 5.
The Sapphire printer family is made up of four unique system variants that are fully compatible with each other, running the same processes on all printers to deliver consistent results on any machine. This means that when customers validate a printer for production use, it is easy to add additional printers to increase productivity. The original Sapphire printer is capable of printing parts 315mm in diameter and 400mm in height. The Sapphire 1MZ prints at 315 mm in diameter and 1 meter in height. The Sapphire XC, which began shipping in Q4 2021, has a build volume of 600mm in diameter by 550 in height. The Sapphire XC 1MZ combines the large diameter of the Sapphire XC with the 1 meter build height of the Sapphire 1MZ to achieve the largest build volume of any powder bed fusion laser printer from a leading manufacturer. To learn more about the Sapphire XC 1MZ, visit the Velo3D blog or download the spec sheet.
Source and top image: Parker Group