How to speed up a video on iPhone
Do you have an iPhone video that you want to play a little faster? Here’s how to speed up a video on your iPhone.
Your iPhone is a great device for recording videos, but if they’re a little slow, you might want to play them back a little faster.
Simply put, it’s time to speed things up a bit.
If you’ve recorded a slow-motion video on your iPhone, you can change the playback speed to do just that. Even if it’s just a standard video, you can use the iMovie app on your iPhone to speed up your video.
It’s time to show you how to speed up a video on your iPhone – let’s get started.
How to Speed Up a Video on iPhone with iMovie
To speed up any video you have on your iPhone, you can use the iMovie app which is pre-installed on your iPhone. If you deleted it, you can download it for free from the App Store.
To speed up an iPhone video with iMovie:
- Launch it iMovie application.
- Press on Film at the bottom of the screen.
- If this option is not visible, press Start a new project to make it appear.
- In the upper left corner, tap Media.
- Press on Video.
- Press on All or one of the other folders if that’s where your video is.
- Scroll through your videos and tap the one you want to speed up.
- Tap the tick.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Create a movie.
- Tap the clip in the timeline.
- Tap the The rapidity icon.
- Drag the yellow slider to the right. Each tick you move increases playback speed by a quarter. The fastest option is 2x speed.
- If you want different sections of the video to play at different speeds, drag the ends of the yellow bars in the timeline to move the start of a section.
- A new section will be created and you can set the speed independently for each section.
- Once you are happy with your video, click Do.
- Tap the movie name if you want to edit it.
- To save your movie to your camera videos, tap the To share Sheet icon.
- Scroll down and tap Save video.
- Your video will be exported to your camera roll.
How to Speed Up a Slow Motion Video on iPhone
If your iPhone is an iPhone 5s or newer, it has the ability to record videos in slo-mo (slow motion) mode. Standard videos capture 30 frames per second on iPhones. Slow motion videos capture 120 or 240 frames per second. When all of these frames are played back at slower speeds, you get a slow motion effect.
If you have recorded a slow motion video, it is possible to speed it up with just a few clicks.
To speed up slow motion video on iPhone:
- Open the slow motion video on your iPhone.
- Press on Edit at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a bar indicating which parts of the video are at normal speed and which are slowed down.
- Press and hold the bar on the right side of the slow motion section.
- Drag it all the way to the right.
- Long press on the other bar and drag it all the way to the right as well.
- The entire timeline now displays normal speed video. Faucet Do to save your changes.
- Your video will now play at normal speed.
Capture quality content with your iPhone
Knowing how to speed up video on iPhone is just one way to create great iPhone videos.
Did you know you can edit your videos from the Photos app?
You might also like some tips on how to take better photos with your iPhone camera. It is even possible to take long exposure photos on iPhone.